Summary of Activities:
• We only collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide us.
• We use the information that you provide us only for the purpose(s) for which you specifically provided it or for specific additional purposes for which we receive your prior consent.
• We do not share any information you provide us with anyone outside of BioLife Solutions Corporation.
• We may use a technology called “cookies” to enhance your experience on our site.
• We employ appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of any information you provide us.
Below is a more detailed explanation of our policy in each of these areas.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We only collect personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis. We do not require that you provide this information to gain access to our site, and we do not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably needed to participate in an activity on our site. However, if you do not provide the information that is noted as being required or mandatory in connection with a particular activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity. We collect personally identifiable information primarily to e-mail updates and news, to respond to your questions or suggestions, and to complete online transactions. We do not sell any information we gather at our web site to anyone outside of BioLife Solutions Inc. We do not transfer or disclose any information we gather at our web site to anyone outside of BioLife Solutions Corporation without your prior consent, except (1) in cases where we believe in good faith that we have a legal obligation to disclose such information.
Polls & Surveys
We periodically conduct polls and surveys on our site. The information we collect from these polls and surveys is only for BioLife Solutions’ use. If sample answers to polls or surveys are posted our web site, no identifiable information is included.
When you order from us on our web site we collect personally identifiable information from you. If you order one of our products or services, we will collect and maintain your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information, order number, referring URL, IP address, page you bought from and a password. We collect this, and other information, in order to fill your order and to communicate with you about your order. Before confirming your order, you will have the opportunity to review the product order form and make changes and additions to the information it contained and these changes will be automatically kept for future use. If you do not provide the information that is noted as being required or mandatory, you will not be able to place orders on our web site.
Like many companies, we use a technology called “cookies” to enhance your experience on our web site. “Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which the web server is then able to retrieve from the web browser when you visit other pages of our web site or you subsequently visit our web site. BioLife Solutions uses these cookies for a number of purposes, such as saving information about your language preference (so that you do not have to choose it every time you come to our site) or country (if applicable), authenticating registered users, supporting the mechanisms for our shopping cart and on-line ordering, and enabling general traffic trend analysis. The cookies BioLife Solutions uses do not contain any personally identifiable information and cannot profile your system or collect information from your hard drive. You are not identified by name or e-mail address, just by a unique string of numbers that we assign the first time you come to our site.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to access content in languages other than English, shop on-line at our web store, or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above, turning off the cookie function will restrict the on-line services from BioLife Solutions that you can use.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, as no on-line data transmission can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we (like all web sites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our web site.
Choice and Control
Our site provides you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us, as described at each opt-in opportunity. Further, when you receive the requested communication, you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any future communications or to change your information.
You can always ask to review any personal information that we may have collected from you at our web site, have us update, correct or delete this information (if we still have the information in our databases), and/or instruct us not to use this information in the future. If you wish to exercise this right, simply reach us using ourcontact form.
Links to Other Sites
BioLife Solutions does not guarantee the content of other sites for which we provide a link.
Transfer of Information to USA
How To Contact Us
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE WILL NOT SHARE YOUR DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL.
Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You register and use the Service, pay for services, contact or interact with us, fill out a form, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Service. When calling us, Your telephone number and name may be collected.
When You register on the Website or Apps, we may collect Your name, email address, telephone number, password, zip code, PIN number, and any other information that You provide in the registration process. We may also collect the name of the company on behalf of which You are registering, as well as the company’s address, and phone number.
When You use the Website or Apps, we may collect Your exact geolocation, Wi-Fi connection information, IP address, and device information.
When You register to pay for services or pay for services through the Website or Apps, We may collect Your name, billing address, shipping address, billing zip code, unique Customer ID, card number, card expiration date, CVV, tracking ID, stored value card number, PIN, email address, ID, and other information sufficient for our payment processor to process the transaction and provide fraud screening and information security.
We automatically collect information regarding each user of our Service, including Your IP address, the domain name of Your Internet search provider, the Service features You use and the time of Your use, Your mobile device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You when You use the Service. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
I. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide the Service to You;
- To create or add to Your user profile or registered account;
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To send You information about Your relationship or transactions with us;
- To develop new products and services;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Service;
- To send push notifications through the Apps;
- To send periodic emails. The email address You provide may be used to send You information and updates pertaining to Your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To process payment transactions (Your information will be used to submit Your payment information to our payment processor);
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas;
- To provide information to representatives and advisers (e.g., attorneys and accountants) to comply with legal, accounting or security requirements;
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To administer, operate and improve the Service and for internal business purposes; and
II. How Your Information is Disclosed
- Third Party Service Providers Retained by You. We may provide Your information, including any data tracked, collected, stored or processed by the Service relating to you, to any third-party service provider retained by You to manage such information and data.
- Business Changes. If We are involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection with the transaction.
- Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate fraud and abuse on the Service;
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of users or others;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated anonymous information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
We also use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers in connection with our Apps. Google Analytics collects and stores information from users of the Apps, such as an identifier that helps Google determine which ads it has served to other mobile applications on your device, location-based data, IP address, type of operating system used, device ID, application pages visited, and time spent on each application page and in total. Google Analytics may track you over time and across websites or applications.
III. Cookies, Local Storage, and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to Your computer’s hard drive through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies, but if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Service.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
When We send emails to our registered customers, We will sometimes track who opened the emails and who clicked the links through the use of web beacons included in the emails We send. We use web beacons in emails to our registered customers in order to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of customers. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when You open the email, Your IP address, Your browser or email client type and other similar details.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information and the information You provide on the Website and Apps when You enter, submit, or access such information. Please keep Your account password secure to help ensure the safety of Your personal information. Credit card information You provide through the Service is transmitted to our credit card processor is processed offsite, and is transmitted through encrypted channels.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card or personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our payment processors. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Service is stored and processed in the United States. If you use the Service outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes thereafter. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, You login to Your account’s control panel and go to the login page. If You are unable to log into Your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
VIII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications, and Do Not Track Policy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
X. Terms and Conditions
XII. How to Contact Us