The Freezer Challenge organizational winners were:
- University of California San Diego,
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
The individual laboratory winners were:
- The Hoekstra Lab from Harvard University
- The Baker Lab from Lilly
- The Jones Lab from the CDC
Even more significant than the winners named above, Freezer Challenge participants collectively saved approximately 2.7-million kWh/year (equivalent to ≈1,900 metric tons of carbon emissions) and discarded over 200,000 samples.
We’re thrilled to have been a part of the Freezer Challenge program because it shares our core values, as exemplified by our 100% sustainable product line and Zero Waste facility. We’re also looking forward to presenting the awards to these winners at the 2017 I2SL Annual Conference on October 16 in Boston, MA.