Considerations for deciding to build biostorage capacity in-house versus outsourcing with a trusted partner.
With the increasing value of biological samples and treatment assets, researchers are realizing the importance of centralized biobanking. Whether insourcing on-campus facilities or outsourcing biostorage services, the following investments must be considered:
- Building specialized, secure facilities with dedicated, scalable storage space
- Purchasing state-of-the-art equipment
- Creating global sample management systems
- Establishing reliable cold chain logistics to transport, handle and process samples between facilities
- Hiring personnel with specialized expertise needed to effectively operate biorepositories
- Maintaining staff training, certifications and accreditations
- Validating equipment, technology and processes
- Developing and maintaining SOPs, global compliance and business continuity plans
- Managing global logistics associated with sample centralization
Scisafe’s services range from complete customized outsourced biostorage solutions to hybrid-onsite sample management. Whether you have one or millions of samples, we have the expertise and the facilities to meet your unique needs.
Fully Compliant cGMP Storage Facilities:
- ISO 9001/ISO 20387
- FDA registered and inspected since 2011 (CDER and CBER)
- Over 80 (SOP’s) all modeled after FDA (21 CFR parts 210 & 211)
Download White Paper below
SciSafe Build vs Outsource Download
Class-defining solutions for biological and pharmaceutical storage.